Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Mexican Corn Pancakes


So this post almost didn't happen. I had a little bit of a meltdown again (smaller than the last one!) this afternoon, and the desire to blog wasn't there. Whatever is going on in my head needs to stop because this is annoying and very unlike me. Anyways, I set my timer for 30 minutes, curled up with my cat, and took a nap. BAM! I feel like a new person. I could definitely get used to taking a nap every day.

Here is a recipe that was kind of an accident. I was at home one Saturday, and I needed some food. I definitely wasn't about to get dressed and go anywhere, so I looked through the pantry, threw a bunch of ingredients in a bowl, and it turned out awesome. Luckily for me, I wrote down the recipe, so that I can share it with you fabulous readers! (Seriously, you are awesome for reading my ramblings). These are super easy, and you most likely already have these ingredients in your pantry, too!

Mexican Corn Pancakes
makes 12ish smallish pancakes-how's that for an approximation?

1 can creamed corn
1 c. corn meal
2 tsp. taco seasoning
1 egg
splash milk
salt to taste--if your taco season isn't salted
       This is the base recipe. I added 2 Tb. bacon bits to mine because everything is better with bacon. Obviously. Here are some variables that you might want to try!

2 Tb. jalapenos (or chopped green chilies) and 1/3 c. cheddar cheese.
1/2 c. chopped onion/squash/zucchini/mushroom
2 Tb. chopped chipotles in adobo sauce

As the picture shows, I ate mine with sour cream and salsa.

There aren't really any directions. Just mix it up, spoon in onto a hot, greased griddle, and cook like you would normal pancakes. These don't get super firm, so don't worry about it if they're a little soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment