This is me and my two best friends, Deborah (middle) and Lauren (right) at a Valentine's photo booth last night.
1. If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?
I think I would change it to Eleanor Rose and go by Rosie.
2. Are you a collector of anything?
Anyone who knows me knows that I adore anything tea related. Tea tins? I love them. Tea cups? I have tons. Tea? I live off it. My brother got me a teapot for Christmas, and it was my favorite gift.
3. What is your first thought when you wake up?
My first thought when I wake up is very similar every single morning. "Bitsy-cat, why are you sitting on me again?" "Cat, stop licking me." "Is this what it is like to have kids?" "Bitsy, go away. I love you, but go away." By 7:15, her food bowl is full.
4. Do you prefer sweet or salty foods?
Sweet. Without a doubt. Cupcakes, cookies, petit fours, teacakes, candy, etc. I love it all. I am a sugar monster.
5. Name one thing you miss about being a kid.
I miss all the time I had for reading. I used to go through books like water when I was a kid. One of my most vivid memories is this: One summer, I was reading a book that took place in winter time. It was a chapter book that took me all day to read. When I finished it, I looked outside to see the snow, and I realized that it was 95 degrees outside with no chance of rain for weeks. That's how much I used to get into books.
6. Are you a morning or night person?
I used to be a night person. I could stay up to all hours of the night. Now, unless I'm doing something (see #11), I'm ready for bed by 9. I'm just now getting to the point where I like mornings. Not early mornings, but the idea of starting my day, eating breakfast, and taking a shower makes me happy.
7. List 5 items on your life’s to-do list:
Not in any particular order: 1) Get my pilot's license. 2) Visit all the continents, including Antarctica. 3) Move to Scotland permanently. 4) Retire on a farm in the hills with sheep, geese, pigs, cows, horses, the whole enchilada. 5) Master the art of French-press coffee.
8. Share one thing that people may not know about you.
I detest hot dogs. They are the grossest thing ever. Ever.
9. What is your all time favorite song, movie, and book?
I *think* my favorite song is Meditation by Jules Massenet performed by Yo-Yo Ma. Any kind of Jane Austen-Downton Abbey-period drama is a favorite in my mind. And my favorite book is. . . ok I don't have one. I seriously can't think of a favorite. I kind of cheated on this question, ha!
10. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can rotate my ankles inward to a 90-degree angle. That's what chronic Achilles tendonitis will do to ya. I can eat chocolate like nobody's business. I am really a fitness guru on the inside. Ok, I really don't have any.
11. Are you a really clean or super messy person?
I think that I most identify with Monica from FRIENDS. You sometimes will find me cleaning my room at one in the morning. I do laundry every other Monday. It takes me three loads, including some bed sheets. If I don't do it then, I get all off-kilter. On the other hand, I hate cleaning the kitchen so much. So it usually stays dirty after I cook. I apologize to my family.
So now you know much more about me than you wanted to. Well, I want to know more about you! If you don't have a blog, post it as a note on Facebook and let me know! I would love to read them!
1. What is your first thought when you wake up?
2. What country do you want to visit most and why?
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
4. If you could meet any one person, dead or alive, who would it be?
5. If you had $1000 to spend on anything, what would you buy?
6. What is the one thing you want to accomplish before you die?
7. What character (from a movie, tv show, book, etc.) do you most identify with?
8. What is your most prized possession?
9. If you had to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
10. Would you rather receive a letter or a postcard?
11. Tea or coffee?