Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

The Best Valentine's Day Thus Far

       This year, I didn't make any "Singles Awareness Day" jokes.  Don't get me wrong, I was as single as one could be.  I don't think I felt too lonely.  In fact, I was quite the opposite.  I had the most amazing dinner with my family--my first love. I also have my cat.  She helps.  Anyways, I suppressed my romantic feelings by going all out on the Valentine's decorations.  My mom and I used a mixture of Dollar Tree, imagination, and items we already had around the house.  I think it turned out really well.  I wish I could have documented it better though.  One of these days, I am going to get a nice camera, learn how to use it, and fill my blog with pretty pictures.
I realized Wednesday night that I hadn't made or gotten my family any kind of gift or card for Valentine's.  So I fashioned this bunting with things about them that I love.  It was better than any card I could have bought for them! 






It's amazing what Dollar-Tree doilies and creativity can do!


       For dinner, we ate restaurant-style filet mignon, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, Cheddar Bay biscuits, and strawberry cheesecake.  I really don't plan on eating much food for a long time.  It was divine.  
       I hope you all had an awesome Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment