Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Happenings (1)


       I bought a huge bag of kale at the farmer's market on Wednesday.  The first order of business was to make my favorite soup: Sausage, Kale, Black-Eyed Pea, and Guinness. Recipe here


       I was driving down Union Ave. on Wednesday at noon.  The sun was shining, and I had my windows down. I happened to hear the bells at Idlewild Presbyterian church.  Since I didn't have anywhere to be, I parked, listened to the bells, and appreciated the simple things in life. 


       Yesterday morning, William fell asleep in my lap while playing. I loved every second since he isn't exactly a snuggler. 


       Isn't it funny how you can be transported somewhere just by a smell or taste? I made a cup of coffee that I bought in Rwanda. With the first taste, I was reminded of the excellent time I had there.  Everything came flooding into my mind--the smells, the tastes, the sights, the smiles. A quick trip to Africa was just what I needed this morning.


       I bit the bullet and bought myself a pair of Madewell denim. Let me tell you, they are SO worth the money.  I drove to Nashville this past weekend and wore these jeans.  416 miles later, they kept their shape. I thought, well, maybe I got lucky. I wore them several times this week to crawl on the floor with William. Still, no bags. The fit is truly incredible. Mine are the Skinny-Skinnies in the Madewell rinse. 

Links:

-Follow Megan Gilger's travels to Cape Town, South Africa. Her and her husband's pictures are incredible, and now I'm dying to go! 
-I've been listening to Emilie-Claire Barlow, a Canadian jazz singer, on Spotify this week. Check her out. You won't be sorry.
-Our sweet neighbors gave us three homegrown cantaloupes this week. In addition to eating them raw, I'll be trying this recipe out.
-For all the geeks out there (including me)!
-And since I have Africa on the brain, check out this company started by two American girls in Rwanda! 

       Have a super weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment