Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

THE Farm: Part Two

       The whole point of our trip was to get away for the weekend and rest. I had almost forgotten what that word means. I woke up at 6am (typical vacation thing to do) to the sound of rain tapping on the metal roof and thunder rolling through the sky. After a while, I fell asleep and awoke to the sun shining just three hours later.  
       An easy morning at the farm consists of coffee, conversation, and brunch.  We discovered Promised Land’s Vanilla Cinnamon Milk while we were there. Uh, if you haven’t seen or tried it, you need to stop reading this, hop in the car, and go treat yoself. Actually, scratch that. It’s a little bit expensive and a little bit sweet, so I’m going to work on a homemade version and blog about it at a later date. Now since that is in cyber-space, I definitely have to now.  ANYWAYS, that delicious milk upped our coffee consumption even more. Hello, five cups. 
        Here's the picture proof of day two:
Yay for beautiful after-rain sunshine!

Storms moving east!


Nairn mug, obviously.

Nice breakfast plating, Mom.


And then it was cloudy again.

Farmhouse.

I realized at noon that I hadn't even removed a toe from the porch. I could get used to that.

So funny story, we were 4-wheeling later and we decided to race up the bluff. Someone said "You'll take the high road and I'll take the low road." SO I came up with a farm version of Loch Lomond. Sing it to the tune. It matches. 
You'll take the high road, and I'll take the low road, and I'll be at Tim's farm before ye.
Where me and my family will never meet again on the bonny bonny bluff of Maysville. 
Talent, I have it.

Kmac and I hiked to the hayfields. Actually, that's a little bit of a lie.  We took the ATVs to the top, and hiked a little when we got there. Heh.

Hello, cold, misty day.

And here's a view of half of the farm. We were up on the bluff.  The farmhouse is on the left side of the creek and across the pasture on that side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment