Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

THE Farm: Part Three

Here it is: day three. Expecting to leave at 9am, we slowly packed our cases and sulked for a bit. Maybe that was just me. We planned to go hiking to Hawksbill Crag, but Mom, Dad, and Willis needed to get home earlier than planned. I did a little bit of politicking with my grandma and eventually I convinced her to take Kathleen and me to hike then head home to Memphis later. (She's awesome, by the way). 

Here are the pictures from the last day (sniff sniff):
Hawksbill Crag is basically in the middle of nowhere. A drive on a cool fall day into the Ozarks will fix any problem you may have.

That's me, inside a tree. 

Obligatory explorer pose!

Another group we happened upon offered to take a photo of us! 


We made it!

And that's me on the point! There's no horsing around here. One misstep, and you fall into the trees and rocks below. No bueno.

Seriously, how awesome is that view?!

A selfie for good measure.

Kmac

That's my bud, Grandma, and me. I love this.

It was such a fantastic weekend. I definitely needed a few days away, and this was just the ticket. If you ever find yourself wanting a few quiet days, let me know, and I can hook you up with a weekend there. Seriously, we love having friends over. We aren't stingy!

And if you're ever in Little Rock, go eat at Big Orange on University Ave. OH MY GOSH. I had the farmer's burger which had--get ready--bacon, fried egg, beef patty, Havarti, red onion, mayo, tomato, and lettuce ON A GLUTEN FREE BUN. A side of sweet potato fries with mango curry ketchup and a peanut butter fudge milkshake made it one of the best meals ever. You can wipe the drool off your keyboard now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment