Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Provençal Eggplant Dip

       Here's a new thing: fast blogging. This post has gone from fresh ingredients to blog post in about an hour. I wasn't planning on turning this into a post, but when I took a bite of this (5 minutes ago) I knew that I had to share the love. I'm not going to keep talking because you have exactly an hour to read this post and make this for yourself--bonus points if you go the the store to get ingredients.


Provençal Eggplant Dip

*This recipe is kind of an approximation. I didn't plan on posting this, so I didn't measure the ingredients. Also, it's kind of a by-taste recipe. If you like more or less of an ingredient, change it, by all means!

**Last thing: this makes enough for one if you're hungry. I'm the only one who likes eggplant in my house, so I'll have a snack for later.

1 medium eggplant
1 Tb salt
2ish Tb olive oil
2ish Tb fresh thyme
hefty squirt of lemon juice

Preheat your oven to 400F. De-stem your eggplant and cut into rounds, then cut the rounds in half. Drizzle with half the olive oil, half the salt, and half the thyme. Bake them until they're soft (about 20 minutes). Don't set your timer though--just watch them. When they're done cooking, put them straight into the food processor (or blender) with the other half of the olive oil, thyme, salt, and the lemon juice. Puree until it's to the desired consistency. Mine was a little bit chunky. Eat warm with pita chips, veggies, etc. I ate mine with those Blue Diamond Almond Nut-Thins. I bet it would be good cold too...mine hasn't lasted that long though.

Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment