Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Beaufort, South Carolina

   
       As you may or may not know, I am on spring break this week. I am traveling with my grandma (who is the coolest) through South Carolina and Georgia. Today, we arrived in, you guessed it, Beaufort, South Carolina.
       After a tedious day of traveling yesterday, I arrived in Charlotte, North Carolina late last night. I took the MegaBus from Memphis to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Charlotte.  In all, it was around thirteen hours on a bus, but for only $22.50, I couldn't really complain.  I arrived in Charlotte at 9:45 last night. My grandma and cousin, Catie, picked me up at the station. We then went out to eat at a fabulous place called The Cowfish.  It is a burger and sushi bar. Burgers and sushi? YES. Odd combination, but let me tell you, it totally works.  My bento box, filled with Asian cucumbers, sweet potato fries, edamame, spicy tuna roll, and a slider, was one of the greatest things I've ever eaten. If you ever find yourself in Charlotte, I highly recommend it.
     ----I'm typing this on the iPad and just deleted the next three paragraphs that I just typed. That makes me really really angry. Just so you know, the next couple of paragraphs are floating around in cyber world.
       We arrived to our hotel around midnight. The owners of that place would certainly benefit from hiring a cleaning person. That's all I have to say about that.
       After we checked out of our hotel this morning, we went to Trader Joe's. Y'all, that place is amazing. If you don't know what they are, look it up. They have food similar to that of Whole Foods, but they have prices comparable to Kroger. So basically it's a win-win. I think that Memphis needs one ASAP. I have certainly enjoyed snacking on my spoils all day long.
       We left Charlotte and drove to Beaufort after our food run. I think it took us about four hours to get here, but I'm not sure. Between daylight savings and switching to the eastern time zone, I am very confused. Every clock I've looked at today has shown a different time. I guess it really doesn't matter though.
       Anyways, after we checked into our room and ate some food, we went of a walk around Beaufort. The whole point of this trip is for my grandma to walk. She is really involved in the AVA all around the country. You can follow her on her Facebook page, Take A Walk. We walked approximately six miles this afternoon. It took a little bit of time mostly because I took pictures of probably five hundred houses. Just kidding.  I did take a bunch of pictures though. Also, we got lost several times. The map we were using wasn't quite right, and many of the directions weren't clear.
       You can follow my trip on Instagram if you want to see more! Just click the Instagram icon on the top right of the page!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment